Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poem written by unknown believer in Russia



David Benson has selflessly served the Christians of Russia for many, many years. I have been a subscriber of his newsletter, "Russia for Christ," for the past twenty years or more. This past issue he shared about a visit he made to the Red Square, in which a young man approached him, and stuffed his pocket with a crumpled fistful of papers, saying, "You will know what to do with these. When he returned to his room he found that they were poems, one of which he shared in the newsletter. I am sharing it with you, because it so touched my heart. If you would like more information about this ministry, drop me an email and I will send you the contact information.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi,
I see that you mentioned David Benson and his ministry, Russia for Christ. I just finished reading his awesome book, Miracle in Moscow. I have googled looking for anything about how his ministry is doing now and I can't find anything. I would love to know how to receive a copy of his newsletter.

Thank you,
Linda

Sheri said...

I also just finished reading Miracle in Moscow and would like to find out how I can get updated information on David Benson and his ministry to the Russian people.

Unknown said...

Currently (March 2011) I have the privilege of meeting with David and Carolyn Benson. He doesn't see many people now, but I would like to pass on to him the comments and greetings of others. David Benson should certainly be as famous in Russia as Billy Graham is here. You can reach me at ronp_at_relqual.com.